• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Daily Houston News
  • Houston
  • U.S.
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Latino
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Houston
  • U.S.
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Latino
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Daily Houston News
No Result
View All Result

Poland to seek extradition from Italy of gang rape suspects

Leandro by Leandro
September 12, 2017
in International
Poland to seek extradition from Italy of gang rape suspects
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Poland will seek the extradition from Italy of the four suspects in the gang rape of a Polish tourist on a beach, Poland’s deputy justice minister said Monday.

Patryk Jaki said the country was planning to open negotiations with the Italian side over extraditing the four, who are also alleged to have attacked the victim’s partner at the Italian resort of Rimini.

The four are also alleged to have raped a Peruvian woman on the same night in a separate incident.

It’s not immediately clear if Italy would agree to extradition.

“I don’t want to jump to conclusions now,” Jaki told state Radio 3.

He said the four, if found guilty, should “face very high punishment as an example, because the punishment should be preventive and make others think seven times before they try to commit such a crime.”

The suspects are a 20-year-old Congolese asylum-seeker, two Moroccan brothers, aged 15 and 17, who were born in Italy and a 16-year-old Nigerian, also reportedly born in Italy.

According to Italian media, all four have denied any role in the attack, but reports in Poland say a watch belonging to the partner of the raped Pole was found on the Congolese suspect.

Cristina Ugolini, the head of a center assisting migrants in Pesaro, where the Congolese suspect was assigned, told Sky TG24 TV he had been granted “humanitarian protection” in September 2016 and attended the center until April 2017, without providing any cause for alarm.

“He was sociable, well-mannered, kind,” Ugolini said.

Leandro

Leandro

RelatedPosts

Djo’s “End of Beginning” tops Spotify charts following Stranger Things finale
Entertainment

Djo’s “End of Beginning” tops Spotify charts following Stranger Things finale

January 6, 2026
Vince Zampella, Co-Creator of Call of Duty, Dies in Car Accident in California
Entertainment

Vince Zampella, Co-Creator of Call of Duty, Dies in Car Accident in California

December 23, 2025
Air India Plane Headed to London Crashes After Takeoff With 242 on Board: “No Apparent Survivors”
International

Air India Plane Headed to London Crashes After Takeoff With 242 on Board: “No Apparent Survivors”

June 12, 2025
MasterChef Celebrity México 2025: Iram Mendiola Bids Farewell in the Season’s First Elimination
Entertainment

MasterChef Celebrity México 2025: Iram Mendiola Bids Farewell in the Season’s First Elimination

March 31, 2025
Privacy Risks of Converting Photos to Ghibli Style with ChatGPT
Entertainment

Privacy Risks of Converting Photos to Ghibli Style with ChatGPT

March 31, 2025
Erik Per Sullivan, Dewey from “Malcolm in the Middle,” Will Not Return for the Show’s Revival
International

Erik Per Sullivan, Dewey from “Malcolm in the Middle,” Will Not Return for the Show’s Revival

March 25, 2025
Facebook Twitter Youtube RSS

Browse by Category

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Houston
  • International
  • Latino
  • Living
  • Local
  • News
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • U.S.

© 2023 Copyright Daily Houston News

No Result
View All Result
  • Houston
  • U.S.
  • International
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Latino
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

© 2023 Copyright Daily Houston News